Thursday, April 30, 2020

Ignite

The night of bonfires appears, an anniversary arrives: can you believe it is May again? Can you believe I have lived here for five years when I never lived anywhere for very long at all? I know there was a time when I was shifty, unreliable, easy to scare but cloaked in alluring mystery and self-defense, how exciting. I am ordinary now, but real.

I'm not sure that's working out any better.

They all react in shock and surprise, but I thought it was clear I was bound for change, I thought it would be insignificant. I change all the time, have you not been paying attention?

The gale made planes land sideways at LaGuardia today. I watched them float low across Manhattan as they made their way down. If monsters in the sky can make it through a storm, cannot I?

Sometimes you just have to let go, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment