Monday, April 27, 2020

Flyktsoda

I once read that I should write something worth reading
or I should do something worth writing about

But did you know you are always worth writing about?
Did you remember that your life being a life at all is a miracle enough on its own to be immortalized in ink, that your spirit is a thousand stories worth telling, that every god damn one of you is the main character in a tale more intriguing than any library may hold?

Because I did.

I held the fragments of your stories, held the snippets and clues as I pulled them from your messy hair and the crinkle by your eye when you smiled, I heard the crescendo in your hook and wanted more, more, more, whatever story you would tattoo across your eyelids I would wait with bated breath for the sequel, I haven't blinked since you were born into my life.

A wedding gets canceled across the ocean. I was trying to condense a thousand stories into piano ballads; I've been trying to tell you my entire heart in a novella, it will not be done. You can never know anyone as completely as you want, she writes, closing the book after 40 years of reading.

But that’s okay, love is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment