Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Molly

I'm not writing, she says from across the island. We are all spending our time just trying to make it out alive. Sometimes I think the zombie apocalypse would be easier. We send memes, demand recipes, my phone runs out of batteries several times a day, how are we so busy and yet so empty all at once. I begin to bake bread, find comfort in the routine, in the reliability of chemistry. I walk slowly around the manuscript, begin to run my fingers along its edges, dare to believe in familiarity. The river was full of people, but the avenues are quiet, the whole world is different. Even Patti Smith says she has trouble finding her own words, so how could you possiblhy be any better?

We are all lost, right now,  there's a collective screech and jumble upsetting the equilibrium but remember: once we stop, we can take a deep breath.

Once we take a deep breath, we have the chance to find ourselves again.

No comments:

Post a Comment