Saturday, March 28, 2020

Jurassic

I needed a win, she says, two weeks into isolation and deep into the mire, when the puzzle pieces fall in her favor. We make colorful cocktails early in the afternoon now, the only way to distinguish weekdays from weekends because every day is Pajama Day if you want it. I build sourdough starters, roll bagels, there is fresh potting soil on the window sill and a queued up youtube video on how to fix a plumbing issue on my computer, when crisis hits we see who we truly are and suddenly you long for a house in a country, everything is upside down.

But I see it now, you know. I got a chance to stop and catch up with myself and it reminded me: life is not so short, but oh, is it precious. You are too good to live a life you do not like. Remember that.

If you do not like it, though,
you're the one who has to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment