Sunday, October 1, 2017

What Dreams Could You Have

Sunrise over Brooklyn, the apartment lies still and sleeping even when you no longer can. Watch the light dance across the broken bricks and burgeoning high rises, it's too early but you still step up smiling. Sit in the window reading stories that already live within you, wonder if they look different in this light. Four years ago on a Brooklyn rooftop every broken piece of my heart was mended and I still remember the feeling in my chest that day, and every day since. We looked at apartments and imagined furniture arrangements, the excitement of moving buzzed in your chest, the potential of Tomorrows. That we are never finished, but it doesn't mean we are over. Nothing turns out how you planned, but everything how you dreamed. 

I came back for you, and you let me. New York, honey, no one knows my name the way you do

No comments:

Post a Comment