Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Inte Ens Gå

Late nights at the Lincoln Center Plaza carry a magic all their own, like they put something in the fountain water to make it glow, like they put something in your step to make it hum I took deep breaths in the foyer like the air is lighter when the ceiling is high. I fell asleep with a smile on my lips and a fire in my chest, I glance at the deep end of the pool and see no good reason to not dive in.

When the alarm rings, all it tells me is to live. I nestle in to the messy corner where the magic resides and bathe in ink, in white sheets of paper colored with my own fevered dreams, I think if life ended tomorrow all I'd wish is that I'd put more of these words into the world and so when the alarm clock rings and tells me to live, this is exactly what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment