Friday, June 24, 2016

Som Vi Sa

Sticky subway pillars, it's a hundred degrees in the underground and ages until the next local train maybe I should have taken a cab after all but Park Avenue is so quiet this time of night and it's like a small gift from the city to have it all to yourself. I drank too much, I can't feel my skin anymore but my tooth hurts. It moves like a weather vane when my heart hasn't the strength to gauge the storms ahead. We spoke of you but nothing means anything anymore, distance makes the heart tired and quiet in the long run as you know. Upper east side building scattered around us in midsummer twilight, I take deep breaths in air you could cut with a knife. This is life. Tomorrow races at me, the train bumbles so slowly through the tunnels. 

I saw scars on her arms this morning. This is life. We get by any way we can. The train makes only express stops to the edge of the island. You think perhaps there's another way you should wander. 

But it's too late now to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment