Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pause

(I can't do the words justice. I want to, they linger in my head all day and try to assort themselves in the small spaces in my pressure cooker, but come night time I am exhausted and fall heavy into bed without having spoken. 

I ran along the river tonight, early summer warm breeze but cool air and twilight on skyscrapers across Manhattan it was breathtaking. I felt it sink into my heart with every step pounding across the concrete. He sends pictures of an emptied apartment and you begin to realize it is happening. Whether you accept it or not, the days come and go, and long feared days will all appear eventually. 

But you are here, now. New York days stretch around you into infinity. I looked up at my return and saw the Empire State in patriotic colors, as the last remaining peaches and blues settled along the western rim. I am here, now. 

There is no wound, those words cannot heal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment