Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sleep In

She stands at the exit and it is as though your worlds were never parted. Her voice in your apartment, her stories in your coffee; you never want the day to end. What would it be like if you lived here, I dream, and we know our days will never lie next to each other as they once did. No matter. She is already a stitch in your heart, holding the seams together, and neither time nor distance have anything on stitches of the heart. You will not bleed.

And thus every day passes: a sweet friend by your side, a sweet stitch in your heart. They hold you and carry you when February rains ice and breaks your determination. Not a single day passes when I do not rest my head on my pillow grateful for their unending loyalty and beautiful smiles.

Do not work too much
he says as he withers,
Do not leave your feelings 
in your chest,
Speak.
Never fight over money. 
Dare to say No.

Dare to say Yes.

When I woke early in the morning, warm skin next to mine and a rhythmic breathing mimicking my own, I heard birds outside the open window, mad with fervor and anticipating light. I smiled.

It will come,
in time.
I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment