Thursday, February 14, 2013

Brief

I'm tired, so tired, every quiet moment I feel I may pass out, but the children climb in my lap and whisper sweet stories of a world we can only barely glimpse, so I persevere. Every day in their presence I laugh, every moment by their side I am a better version of myself, it does not go unnoticed. At dinner, I still reel with exhaustion, but by the time we get to the bar, it is all hearts and familiar giggles. When the last patrons have left, we laugh louder and play all the music we are too ashamed to love in public. The dark space nestles its way through my insides, it is my living room when I have none; it is my home when I so desperately need it.

It terrifies me to no end, he says.
My heart beats wildly in my chest.
Vows to stitch the pieces back
Together.

No comments:

Post a Comment