Friday, October 16, 2009

Look Out Now

Friday afternoon and the feeling that it is time to pack up and go home. Sinfully, delightfully, sneaking out early and the otherwise bustling subway station is calm in anticipation of the storm that is to come. The streets moving so slowly, lines clearing quick. My heart relaxes, takes its time, and surely I can take a bath before considering the next step. Cool air fills my lungs and floats out in little puffs of smoke as I bounce along the quiet cobblestone that leads me home. Friday night and the promise of drinks and music and giggled debauchery. It helps to have possibly the best song ever keeping the beat. Ah, to be young and carefree! I think to myself, and the thought makes me laugh, a silent trickle of a laugh that begins at my toes until it bubbles up through my gut and bursts out into the October sky. I am young. I am carefree. If only for this short, delectable morsel, of a Friday in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment