Sunday, October 4, 2009

Food for Thought

Insane days of foreign visitors rush past and cram in them everything the city has to offer. When they leave, the list of things left to do will still be twice as long and growing. Better then to relax at the hookah bar that lets you smoke in the garden over drinks, and thank god we live just around the corner because I can't move any further than this.

The sun shines and we stroll along the Kodak Moments. But I was sent this link and it stood in such stark contrast to the New York life I live now, that it must be allowed to speak. In the life of the City, I have only been around for a very short time. It humbles and amazes me. Not long ago, this was New York. Parts of it still are. Please love, even my dark spots.

Brutal New York - 1965/95

No comments:

Post a Comment