Monday, October 30, 2023

Tip Toe

Hesitant steps into the morning, limbs stretching toward literacy, reluctant glances at inboxes and to-do lists, when all you want is to sink into a good book and wait for snow. The sun rises over frosted fields, the deer tucked away somewhere warmer, the coffee maker rattles itself into consciousness. Everything is silent. 

I had to set an alarm this morning, it tore me from sleep and intricate dreams of yet more travel, more unknown places and a break-up I had not seen coming. Even your dreams have it in for you. I think perhaps I do not need to begin to work before the sun's rays have even reached my window, but I forget there was ever another way. So many things are different now. 

I forget the life I used to live. 

Wonder if I should be making my way back to it. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment