Wednesday, October 18, 2023

som verkligen är bra

The dog scratches at the door late into the night, the Milky Way already brightly lit across the firmament. You try to walk her home, but she refuses. You think about love, about promises and commitment, how you stayed away from them all, how you assumed you could explain it to adults but never dogs, never children. 

You think maybe the same was actually true for adults, too, we only pretend it's not so, only pretend we can hear what someone says when they're breaking our hearts, when all we really hear is the blood rushing to our feet. 

Time runs out of my stay in the desert, I mourn it already, see the last sunsets slip out of my hands. Where did the time go, where did the life go, how can I not hold on to these few strands of gold that I've so carefully pulled out of the sand dunes, is this what it is to be human. 

I had bigger plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment