Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Re:surge

A storm pulls in across the mountains to the west, you see it drag itself over the summit and swallow the horizon in a great disappearing act. You know the trick, you're a master at disappearing, yourself. Another double rainbow stretches across the valley in the aftermath, the mountains reappear, crisp, bright, their lines all sharpened. You emerge from your fogs chipped at the side and hazy, like all your pieces have not yet been put back together. 

But no matter. 

Today I read a sentence that made me cry. Today, a story unfolded itself right before my eyes and I thought there's a magic here, and I know I've taken a lot of wrong turns in my life but I always find my way back to this right one and as long as I do, I still have a chance. I made my deal with the devil, well you know what? 

If he's going to take everything he'd better come around to pay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment