Thursday, September 29, 2022

Main

The silence aches in you like thunder, like the opposite of its nothingness, it takes up more space than whatever was there before. She packs her bags and reminds you it is almost time for you to do the same. There's another life waiting for me at the other end of a red eye, and after all these years I still don't know how to meld the two (the three, the four). He walks you by the school bus that changed your life once, you still haven't figured out quite how to explain to him how the stars spoke to you, how your broken pieces were swept up in its embrace. I cannot focus on putting the words together with this current running across my skin. 

The sun rises in impossible beauty across the mountains. I stare at it again, again, every morning it's exactly the same and completely new, 30 years I have been coming to this sunrise and I still have not tired of marveling at it. The deer meander across the field, Nature is reliable in its habits, you wonder why you fight so hard to be the opposite. The vegetables in the garden are beginning to tire with the season. It's time to bring them in. 

It's time to move to the next step, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment