Sunday, May 1, 2022

Mayday

Apartments in Philadelphia are dark, we decide, all the windows shuttered to the outside world and you barely know the sun is shining. How does one endure a life in isolation? We end the night at a bar that feels like America and you wonder what other life you might be living if you weren’t so terribly in love with New York City. But then can’t that be said for anything? 

Growing older is just having to live with the choices you make. 

In my dream, we finish a marathon. I think something about still having time to realize what one is meant to do but then I remember my age and stop myself short. The dream switches and we are racing through department stores: in search of what, I don’t know. Maybe that’s another lesson. 

May arrives with just a hint of something familiar. You think perhaps you see the path again, though you’ve been deep in the woods for years. 

You start to make your way 

Back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment