Friday, November 26, 2021

Greens

The vacation days melt in a tizzy, you’d mourn their passing if it wasn’t for all the riches they bring. Your two dearest friends book trips to cross the ocean and you think you have never been so lucky. The day rains but you putter around a kitchen, stroll along a quiet hamlet street, there are two seats left at the bar and the bartender remembers your stories of a year ago, this is what it is to build a name and grow your roots. Tomorrow you return to the shoebox on 6th street but it is your shoebox on 6th street and that makes every difference in the world. I dreamed about you again last night but it is different now, I know it’s not really you. Another year approaches and I know, somehow, that I will be better now than ever before, that I will take this crumpled twist of burned debris and mold it into something new. When I was younger I knew I wasn’t quite like the others and perhaps it scared me then but 

Do you know? 

I am not scared of anything anymore. 

Once you have walked through the fire and back, the coals are only ever palettes for the paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment