Monday, September 20, 2021

Whiskey Sour

I started walking. It wasn't intentional, I just tire of the inertia that came with the 2020s, just tire of the three square feet that make up my existence, I started walking and I didn't know how to stop. Do you remember when you were young and walked all night, for hours, what a strange life this is. I walked down through the Lower East, swerved through Nolita, raced across Houston, by evening a full moon rose behind the towers in Williamsburg, a strange silence settled over Stuy Town, and everywhere, at every turn, the city shimmered and glittered and whispered I am still here, through all the devastation of the last year and a half, it is still here, I tried so hard in a previous life not to make it out alive but that's all done now, do you hear me? I'm not the same now. 

We break
and break
but we are not broken. 

Maybe this is the time when you declare what you are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment