Monday, September 27, 2021

Fee Fi Fo Fum

I see the blank page languishing on the desk top, don't worry. I know all my faults and abandoned castle ruins, scaffolding still leaning against each other. The wind picks up now, fall is here, I sleep with the windows open and wake in a chill. 

The city returns to me in gentle nudges, how we could never have expected this turn of events. One day suddenly you are on a subway train and your muscle memory kicks in, one day suddenly you are in a 3-story dive bar in FiDi watching terrible off-off Broadway awkwardly kilter along your pilsner, running in the rain to catch the R back home and something feels familiar. I careen down the east side on a bicycle, I careen up the stairs to my shoebox apartment when it's been too many hours away, do you know most days I still don't know how to live an entire life but every now and then there comes a moment when I don't think so much about it, I just enjoy, and after all this time I will take that moment, I will love it and hold it tight. 

So much is still burning, and crumbling, and decaying inside your skin. 

You'll take the peace where you can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment