Friday, July 2, 2021

Overcast

The desert continues its cool ascent across the days, surprising in its raindrops, in its rich greens and careful silence. I make another pot of coffee, revel in the expanses of time, let my mind wander. Watch the chickens dig through the earth with nothing more pressing to do than find the next gnat, wander through the potato plants, make the most of the summer. Do you remember when everything had broken and I borrowed your school bus to drive into the mountains and forget everything that didn't matter and what remained was tidal waves of words? 

I think I've been discovering and re-discovering the answer for years, it continues to be the same, an unmovable answer while I run and run in search of something easier to believe in, but isn't this answer the easiest of all, simply because it is true? 

Your convictions are no less worthy
just because they seem impossibly out
of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment