Friday, June 4, 2021

Jubilee

Wake up early, the birds are at it again, the fire escape a hot bed of early morning mania, how can I be mad? Muscles aching, I step blindly into the morning, everything is the day after the storm now. I break and I break until finally I am done, it is that easy, it is the hardest thing in the world, I don't recognize my body anymore but the stubborn conviction has been with me all these years, I have no intention of hashtag improving it away. 

Friday arrives muggy and warm in New York, like summer so often is, all sweat and slow movements. You remember how this works. 

I think I remember how this works. 

We've all been away such a very long time. Welcome home, take your shoes off. Stay awhile. The water's fine, if you let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment