Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Wake

The place appears on the screen like I dreamed it into existence. High ceilings, wide windows, opening to a scene I've seen for days, months, years. I know those windows by heart from the outside, know those floors from my dreams. A note on my desk lists the address. One day. The agent walks around the narrow corners, sunlight flooding his every step, as he talks of countertops, and I don't hear a word. I see windows in the kitchen overlooking East Village rooftops and think this year comes bearing gifts. I spend the night lying in bed with my eyes open, heart racing. I know it's too soon, I know I'm not ready. 

I know there are more polished edges I wish I could show you when you come. But nevermind. 

I will be here, when you are ready. 

What I'm trying to say is. 

Please get ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment