Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Habit

The headphones become a ritual, become a commute, these four walls have held me for so many months now, can you believe it? Been everything: office, bar, theater, full of faces strange and familiar when I normally don't so much as let lovers in the door. It's almost been a year, and what have we learned?

A year ago I loved you. A year ago I carved the same footsteps into the ground as years before. A year ago I knew not how precious the things we take for granted. My feelings for this town have not changed. Grown, maybe, painted themselves in richer nuances, but not changed. I miss being outside, although I easily forget. The world has been reduced to this house, that path along the river, and so many bridges. 

I always loved a good bridge. 

The new year lies ahead of us now, promising still much toil, playing already its cards of chaos and confusion, but make no mistake. I am already carving my footsteps into new terrain, I take nothing for granted. Make no mistake, everything is different. 

Let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment