Saturday, October 31, 2020

and Good Things Ahead

I am going to make it through this year

if it kills me. 

We tell tales of times past and realize too late it was only February, it was only last Christmas, doesn't everything that came before feel like a whole other life and we've aged impossibly since then. In the early morning, I hurry across the bridge to find the car, forgetting every stress in the drive back to Manhattan, sunny and still across the river. By the time we race down the parkway, Catskill mountains on fire in the distance, I feel the Darkness lightly lift off my ribs at last.

We get brief moments of respite. It was not what we had hoped, but oh how rolling with the punches means appreciating what we can. 

If there is one thing this year can teach us, it's that before anything else, the most important thing we can do every day
is survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment