Monday, August 31, 2020

Bellyache

I know my brain twists and turns away from me, goes on long winding journeys while my feet pound away the miles of pavement beneath, I know I put words in your mouth and smiles on your face through no choice of yours and step back to marvel at the beauty I've created. I know I build sandcastles in my headclouds and stories in my fingertips, they told me as a child I had a vivid imagination but weren't they really trying to say I was strange and they didn't know what to do with me? I grew up in magical woods, you cannot take this treasure away from me now. I grew up with limitless worlds on the tip of my tongue, this power is all I have, when I walk down the street it does not look to me like it does to you, every concrete block dances in words, I see layers on layers of other, by the time you really smile at me I have already written our demise, such is life, I am working on it. 

Reality by any other word is really only magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment