Thursday, August 27, 2020

38

 There is too much to say and too few hours left to say it, before alarms ring and reality returns. You are a year older. Waves of gratitude sweep across your chest. Family is what you make it and any tears are only from how tired you are, you take it out on those closest to you. Their silences cut you and you have to remind yourself not to see ghosts where there are none. The day was sunshine, warmth, delirious love letters to New York and when at last I sailed across the Williamsburg bridge home I remembered what it was to return to this city after too long away, after fearing I had lost it for good. New York you are the only thing that always felt right, New York you have healed me time and time again when I thought I was forever broken. I know you are tired now, love, it is unbearable to live sometimes and go on living but oh, how just a moments sunshine can turn your heart around. A year lies ahead with secrets, and mysteries, and promises. 

Rest now, a bit my love, tomorrow we’ll unwrap them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment