Sunday, May 3, 2020

Bloom

My skin changes color, flushes and warms in the afternoon sun. I had forgotten what summer sun feels like, what bare legs and carelessness are. We walked to the west side and looked at New Jersey: TriBeCa was a desert, but how the buildings become yours. Do you remember that diner in Jersey? It feels like years ago, but I think it had already started to get warm. March feels like a whole other year. Six feet has become a cruel distance. The truth is I don't want any distance at all.

if you never say your name out loud to anyone
they can never ever call you by it

I'd like to think I'm working on it.
I'd like to think this silence around us
is letting me practice setting my voice
on fire.
I was only ever trying to make sure
you were listening when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment