Saturday, February 15, 2020

Re:Volver

Dawn is barely a hint on the horizon when we drive out of the valley, bags packed beyond capacity with pantry riches and pictures from lives past. I barely realized I was there and now I’m gone, what a surreal time in the underground. On the plane, flip through pictures of city skyscrapers to try to remember the feeling of its blood in my veins. They text from my real life, speak of dinner plans and breakfast plans and all the things that will happen as soon as I land, and I know they are a gift, don’t think I don’t know it.

But for a short time I sat with the world peeled away, with nothing but a very small voice in the silence. For a short time I had only the Word at my fingertips and I found again - again, again - that it is all I truly need. Last night I sat in the dark night under entire galaxies of stars and not one of them fell, not one of them did not hold steady, we spoke of the Life and do you know, all my wishes fell away in humility.

All we can do is put one foot in front of the other. All we can do is prepare the ground. When the miracles fall, we will be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment