Thursday, February 13, 2020

Race

When it arrives, it's like you never did anything else. It's like you were only ever meant to sit in this bright, quiet room, weaving stories around themselves, conjuring worlds out of thin air and lessons out of the tears in your own fabric. Like you never begged the Universe to let you go, to let you find other paths. When it arrives, it's like you always knew this was the only thing you'd ever want to do.

I came out of the daze at last, long after sun set, my head spinning and my vision blurred. Piles of paper and post-it notes amassed around my desk, a story building itself into magic at my fingertips. Normal conversations sailed past my head and I couldn't remember how to be a part of them. I sat under the stars for a while, but I had nothing to say to them now. The little girl at the end of the cursor rested. Everything was clear.

You wade through eons of impossible just to reach this one island where it all makes sense. What could you possibly ask of the stars, now?

You know everything you need, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment