Thursday, December 5, 2019

M-I-SS-I-SS-I-PP-I

We're on a winning streak
I got a plan that's gonna turn it all around.

 A handful of free hours arrive at your doorstep: you are dumbfounded. Your liberated muscles creak with disuse, eyes blink at thee sunlight. I took a short run along the river, let my rusty lungs stretch before landing at the piles of words and wondering, but, you know, in the other sense of the word.

Wonder.

What a gift it is to age, and still be giddy like a child, to still swell like a balloon in gratitude, to still be amazed as though you had not seen this feeling before. We can fall in love a hundred times, and each time is as magical as the one before.

A young girl greets me at the end of the cursor, repeats my words back to me. I would not let you go into this fight, if I did not believe you had it in you to make it out. I fall in love with her all over again, wonder at the magic at my fingertips. Begin with cautious steps: break in to a run when you are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment