Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Advent

December is a blur, more work, more deadlines, more scheduled cheer and you try to drink it in as best you can: mania is a temporary gift, and the January hangover already looms in the distance. I bought a light therapy lamp, sit staring into it in the mornings like an addict, longing for it when it goes dark. I'm sorry I never write, I'm just so busy keeping my hands to myself, there's too much light in this body this season and I need to share it somehow, yesterday I ran along the river and it was like my body remembered again who I am, what I'm meant to be doing. It's been such a long time of having forgotten, it's no wonder if we are strangers to each other.

But do not worry. I carry light with me now, I make my own. Stick with me, kid, I carry stars in my hands and you look like you could use a few in yours: the magic of Life is how it all
evens
out.

No comments:

Post a Comment