Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Re:volt

The entire day comes and goes in waves of uselessness, in fogs you thought had long since lifted and burdens the size of boulders on your chest. You swear you know how to breathe but the mechanics evade you. Morning in Brooklyn was cold, but the afternoon sun beats down on your southfacing windows and you cannot reconcile your autumn tears with the stubborn summer outside. this was always who you were, a quiet voice whispers as you attempt to bury yourself in apathy and a few invisible blades against your clammy skin. everything else was respite.

I open my eyes again, fill them with words and poetry and magic, drag myself far enough out of the sludge and into the sunlight that at least I can fill my lungs with air, the only answer is work and the only answer is the word and the only word I had was "wow", do you see how you had the pot at the end of the rainbow in your hands all along, do you see how we have nothing to fear?

I sit back down at the word processor, counting my minutes like pennies. I am unafraid now:

this blank page breathes for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment