Thursday, September 12, 2019

Play Tag

Quiet afternoons in an empty office, you relish the refuge and wonder at your life. Scribble handwritten notes on a pad, saying it's just now that I know different, it's hard to go back to baseline. Realize that your whole life you've had the sad eyes, the heavy heart, and when you feared those breaks were temporary, you were right.

Maybe this is it, my love, maybe you and I are destined to walk together through this life and I shouldn't try so hard to leave you behind. Here, why don't you step up. Here, why don't you hold my hand, I am not afraid of you anymore, don't you see? If I cannot leave you behind, I have nothing left to lose. I give in to this, now, I give in to you. Come, let's move on.

Come, we have the remainder of a life to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment