Saturday, September 22, 2018

Full of Mumbles

(I came out of the woods 
by choice)

Around mile marker five, it happened. A strange tingle in my spine, a beat in the music that lifted me, how much faster my legs, how much stronger the breath in my lungs. I don't know why, but I smiled, I don't know why, but I practically laughed the whole way back under the bridges, do you know I asked the Universe for a chance to grow and this was never what I wanted so be careful what you wish for but here we are, and it will all be alright. When I told you I'm afraid of everything I wasn't lying, it's just that I've made peace with my fear and the point of life is do it anyways. We sat in a dark bar on 3rd avenue that has looked the same as long as I've known him, that's looked the same for decades of Irish drunks and sawdust on the floor, life changes from under us but every now and then we get the chance to see each other as we were and remember what a Good Life we've had. I let him go at the Bleecker Street subway station and bittersweet still has the word sweet in it.

I asked the Universe for a chance to prove myself and this wasn't what I had in mind but I'm getting exactly what I asked for, do you hear me Universe? I regret nothing.

I am terrified of the wishes you granted me but
I
do
it
anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment