Monday, May 28, 2018

Heathcliff

Sort through your messy closet, find old cobwebs that no longer suit you, relics of other lives to be saved just in case but you haven't lived your life just in case for years, why start now. The garbage bag grows as you shed layers you didn't know you were storing inside yourself: how light you feel. The soundtrack is sunshine. Yes it was cold out there, today, but summer grows in your chest from the inside and will not be stopped. It builds and builds until it finally spills over and beams out of every strand of your unruly hair.

I laughed today like I couldn't remember pain, it comes like a gift and I know to be grateful for it. My teeth still hurt, the apartment is a maze of mousetraps, but my closet is clean and summer swims with adventures ahead. I laughed today like I couldn't remember pain and soon I will laugh like I can't forget that life is ours for the taking.

It is here now.

Watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment