Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Siempre

In the descent all I saw were swamps. I was disoriented and shouldn’t we be there by now? But when I leaned over his shoulder, there it was, right underneath us Manhattan was stretching and yawning to welcome us home in wintery sunshine; I breathed a sigh of relief and we landed without the slightest bump.

I fell asleep early in my own bed, waking from strange dreams to realize the light was still on, my clothes were still on, I turned around and fell right back asleep it doesn’t matter. We’re already deep into February now, we’re already picking up speed and I’m determined to make it through this winter better than I know how. She asked what we would do if we woke up tomorrow and could do anything.

I don’t like hypothetical questions. I’m already living my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment