Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Peace

Broadway lay awash in steam and revelers; it seemed the whole city left work early and streamed out of their boarded up buildings. Where do they hide all winter when you are out here scowling?

The feeling bursts into your chest first, but then it spreads slowly, takes a minute to seep into your blood stream. You open a window wide and listen to the sounds of streets so quiet for months: the fresh air washes out an entire season of stale, warms the frozen floors and you take deep breaths without thinking. Along the river today I snuck through bushes to search for signs of life, I didn't care how it looked. You know this moment is a treat and you are determined to squeeze every last drop of it. I still cut myself to see the darkness bleed, but I know it isn't long now, I know I'm making it out of the woods. 


“Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.”

No comments:

Post a Comment