Wednesday, August 16, 2017

In Circles

My clothes smell like the sea, salty, eternal, the waves were wild today and I almost lost my swim suit I almost lost my self for a moment and it didn't bother me in the least. My skin is sanded soft, my cheeks are flushed but it may just be a memory of breathless seconds stolen before you'd washed the sand out of your hair, something about that belt buckle in your jeans won't leave me although maybe it was a trick of the lights and it doesn't actually feel at all. Summer pulls at me, it tells me I have no others musts, no other dreams or desires beyond staring at this sunset every damn night and whispering into the New York night how much I adore it. I sit down late at night, when all is dark and quiet and stare at my word processor in silence, it's a duel and I'm losing. The story is silent when the days are so loud.

It occurs to me maybe I should be listening, instead. Let the magic
in.

No comments:

Post a Comment