Tuesday, August 29, 2017

35

...And that, of course, above all is what I wish for you. That you are still as madly in love with New York as ever, that it is still your epicenter even if it is not where you are, reading this letter... I hope you have figured out the alternative to the Svensson life you do not want. I hope, fervently, that you write, that you live your days in at least a bit of the creative mists you love so. I hope you fight your demons to the best of your abilities, and that you embrace them when you cannot. 

Something marvelous will happen with your life. I know it. It may not have happened this year, but one day it will, and I want you to spend every day earning it, every day preparing. Do something amazing. Above all, every day of my life, I hope you are doing what makes you happy - or trying to find out what that is. Respect the process, accept yourself. 

Make me proud. 
Happy Birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment