Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Borders

He plans for travels back to Africa. Reroutes and strange lands we'd never see as mere mortals, and doesn't my skin ache a little at the loss of never going anywhere. My bosses speak of travel, of keeping me sated, and I love them impossibly in opportunity. It occurs to me that the people I admire most circle me with their adventures, while I am perpetually grounded, and this wasn't where I started. When I see him again perhaps everything will be different. 

Most likely nothing will have changed. 

I ride the E train back downtown, through the mires of midtown and it's a train always so filled with diversity. New York breathes in me, reminds me of how different it may look in just a few blocks. I came here giggling and terrified once, and now nothing makes me feel more safe. You will return, we will build whatever we have to offer, the days and years will trickle through this city until all is history but the stories we leave behind. 

You were always one for the books, anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment