Saturday, January 10, 2015

Beginnings

You, my precious, are onto a great thing. I have never heard a person wax as lyrical about their abode as you do about New York. I retract all my previous comments. A place that makes you that happy cannot be a bad choice.

His email lies like a tiny jewel in my inbox, wedged in between bank statements and communications of daily doldrums. I read and reread it with a manic leap in my heart, as though his affirmation justifies this wretched love affair. There was a full moon over the west village this week, heavy and huge, looming over the brick buildings in a fiery peach color, and I thought life is a beautiful thing, even when we do not know why. 


2015 begins in a cold spell. But I will choose my path with heart; I will follow where it leads, and I will not regret a thing. Spring returns. I will be ready. 


If you don’t know the way, choose a path with a heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment