Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Difference

journal excerpt:

"And then it arrives, for real this time. With its warm days and racing blossoms. With its sense of life and possibility, and the blood courses quickly through my veins again. We went to Central Park and everything was lovely. We laughed, and I want to do nothing but to laugh now. Everything is easy, suddenly, everything is possible. I abandon my cynicism, my critical voice. I look people in the eye and breathe deep, fulfilling breaths far into my lungs. I stare into the sun until I fall over in the street, it doesn't matter. Every bursting bud I see explodes inside me; every burgeoning flower or leaf or shoot is another hit of life in me and I am fine. Every year, this. Now it doesn't seem so bad. I made it out alive, why worry? 

Now is the time to go forth and do Magic. 
Now is the time 
to be Mad."

No comments:

Post a Comment