Friday, May 17, 2013

Independence Day

Too much wine, too much everything, she fed me water until I could stand straight but my eyes would not follow suit. Finally making my way home and if this was New York I would be hailing a cab faster than I could fall off this curb but none were to be had. The last steps up the hill impossible; the park around the church was quiet where just hours before we were packed like sardines staring into the sun.

Things end, eventually but never gracefully. It makes sense, she said at my declaration, you're going to New York and isn't this what you do. Realizing that when I ended it with her that was exactly what lay at my feet. I amass this rubble around me and climax at leaving it all behind. Clean floors. Clean slates.I fought so hard to find a way out, only to realize the drug of staying in was stronger.

Ticket sales
are
up.

No comments:

Post a Comment