Saturday, September 29, 2012

Echo Park

Do a cartwheel right here, right now, he said in the empty lobby of the subway entrance. My hiccups had finally receeded; my last remaining brain cell convinced me that no, it wasn't a good idea after all, and we parted ways on the platform, later. How drunk I was on the train, and with no long walk home to sober me up.

The moon is full over the church tonight. It seems ominous, but I remain too hung over to see its symbolism.

As long as I have a home, you have a home, she said into the closing bar. Come with me in the Spring; come to California and it will all be alright. The promise of New and Shiny on the horizon; I leapt and smiled. The sun always shines, on the west coast. And the rest, will work itself out when it needs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment