Thursday, May 10, 2012

Soak

It occurs to me that this must mean something. 
That I keep returning to that thought,
not out of psychological repetition
or cognitive dissonance,
but because it means something,
because there is a point to it. 

I will never have money,
I know that now, and accept it. 
I will not find commercial success
and carry designer bags on my arm. 
But with no one throwing money 
at you
you never have to sell out. 

This must mean something. 
I will revel in the grime,
and suitcases
and trembling streets
until I know what it is. 

That will be your art. 
Just you wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. If you're not fighting for the thing that will make you happy, then you're wasting time that isn't necessarily in great supply. Live happily. Take it from a person stuck in misery. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree with you more. I am beginning to suspect that the struggle is worth something in itself. Get bored with complacency.
    I sincerely hope you will not remain in the muck of misery for much longer. Take your own advice. Live happily.

    ReplyDelete