Friday, May 25, 2012

Is Easy

Our heroes always disappoint us with their mortality. Our aging minds discern the greys, the relativity, the circumstances and we do not bother with madness. Everything is for sale, nothing is new, where will you go with that?

I lay sweating in the grass, the world smelled of new sprouts, of lilacs and perspiration, my skin warm to the touch, the moment perfect. I was unable to think ahead, to think back, there was only that instant, that sunny day in May when all the world was right and Summer lay unruined around the corner. And still, I walked along the harbor later, dragging that heavy ball of lead along, unaffected by the sweltering season. I haven't a single answer, after all. Light steps danced along the old railroad tracks and still my heart was so sad. It occurred to me that that muscle has been heavy in my body for so many years, it doesn't seem to know any other way to feel.

Perhaps that is what life is. Sunny days and heavy hearts. Perhaps this is the life that is mine.

There must be something to be done with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment