Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Wednesday night at the opera and it reminds you; the special shadow that leaps across the garments, the sound of orchestras tuning through ambient buzz, that moment when you realize you were somewhere else completely and it only happens like that here.

The moment you are reminded there are other things you are meant to be doing.

Spring ran rampant through the parks today, spread across icy grass and pale skins, tickled long dormant limbs into dance. There will be snow again, there will be ice across the waters and it will seem as though this early sunshine was all in vain; hope is desperately frail in the beginning.

But as I walk, long strides across the island, my blood leaps, and skips, and courses quicker every minute. I forget to sleep. I remember to laugh, great big laughs from deep in my belly effervesce through my body. It is divine.

The city is beautiful at twilight. High heels clicked across cobble stone streets. It will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment