Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012.

You rise, in my opinion, he said, as I rolled a cigarette. And I don't even smoke. Still the corner came, and I left him. I don't want to rise. I don't want to look good in your eyes. I returned to an empty apartment and filled it with ghosts. My new year's letter told me stories I did not want to hear.

It dreamed of travel, of adventure, of love. It dreamed of excitement and owning what was yours. How every year is a clean slate once, and how quickly it becomes the same.

Tomorrow is no different, when the numbers have changed. Beware doll, you're bound to fall. Your throat is dry, your eyes. Nothing changes, this night like any other, such is life. Such is life.

New Year, New You. You promise things will be different. Keep your hands to yourself. There's a splinter in mine. Happy New Year. Happy. New. Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment