Tuesday, July 5, 2011

En Train

Such few days of familiarity, of the confusion of normalcy, and I was back again at that train station. The train ride felt like minutes; I forgot to look at the rolling countryside, like I love, and suddenly we exited the tunnel and raced the last bit to Stockholm Central. Home.

It’s odd this life. How quickly we adapt (or not). New realities present themselves, and in their abstraction seem so concrete. Last night on a blanket with those closest to me, a year after last I saw them and it was as though not a day had passed. And now, gone again, but not nearly as far away as usual. The luxury of I’ll see you in a month, then.

The weekend reminded me of a life I left. A life of my own place, a proper job and early mornings. I sleep in a new bed tonight. This is the life I chose. This is the life that chose me.

We seem the perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment